Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Week 2 - Sheffield

We have relocated from Salisbury to Sheffield.

We left Peartree at about 10:30 and mooched across country to Marlborough where we stopped for morning tea.  A lovely toasted teacake with hot chocolate for me and cappuccino for Jim.

We trundled up the motorway and stopped in the services for a not very nice Burger King combo.

For old times' sake, I drove up the A38 and through Clay Cross, where we stopped at the Tesco for supplies.

I was just telling Jim that I wasn't going to go through Tupton but would carry on up the highway through Chesterfield. We would come back later in the week and have a proper mooch about. Then I noticed the sat nav was telling me to go down Queen Victoria Road, through Tupton. How odd, thought I. Then I saw the queuing traffic up the road towards Chesterfield. And turned down QVR.  We drove past the Sidings but it didn't count as a proper mooch.  We will still go back later in the week.

And now we are at Taffa and Gaz's place.  You will be surprised to hear that it is raining.

Taffa has just left for work. Cally is getting ready for school.  Gareth doesn't work on Tuesdays so Flynn isn't getting ready for nursery.  Cally's friend Poppy is here, waiting to go to school too.  Jim is, very sensibly, still in bed, keeping out the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment