Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Rays of sunlight

I have said before that, to my surprise, I find it easier to be housebound on sunny days than I do on  gloomy and rainy days. I have no answer to why this might be. After all, under usual circumstances I tend to bunker down at home when the weather is gloomy or stormy and drink tea and eat toast.

I probably haven't previously mentioned that, much as I love our current abode, I would never have put in lots of long, thin windows. They make the place quite dark, especially with the long, wide curtains that adorn them. If it were my place I would replace the curtains with Holland binds. Since it isn't, we tie the curtains back to let in as much light as possible.

Then, on sunny mornings, I realise how the windows channel the light in.

Shining light on the jigsaw

and across the lounge room floor


Sunlight coming in through the little window by the front door
Black cat in the window
And a tiger in our bedroom, watching for invaders

At this time of year we get beautiful morning skies




No comments:

Post a Comment