Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

From SS Quarantine #10

I didn't make a proper tagine yesterday.  I usually put apple or apricot in and I didn't have either of these things.  I did, however, have Jordanian Za'atar and Lebanese Baharat in my spice cupboard (thanks to our Lebanese nurse at work, who drew my attention to them). So I made a tagine inspired lamb stew last night with lemon slices and carrots to provide the citrus and sweetness.  We had it with rice and veg on the side.  It was very delicious and there is some left for tonight.

I was reading a (British) blog which said that the days had all blended into a permanent run of Sundays.  Not quite the case aboard the SS Quarantine. The mornings are work days.  I do some work on the work Facebook page and the webpage. Sometimes this is quite quick.  Other mornings it takes longer. The webpage can sometimes be grumpy and does odd things that then take ages to sort out.  I realise that it almost certainly user error but it still takes time to sort out.

I am making some progress on the "spring" cleaning.  I even cleaned a window yesterday.  Only one and I agree it was only a small one.  But it is clean and we can see out of it.

I might do another one today :D)

I have decanted some rice bran oil into the other glass drink container.  it's the one that originally had the canola oil.  It still drips a little but isn't as bad as it was



Then it gets to lunchtime and the afternoons morph into Sunday afternoons.  I read or mess about on the internet. Jim snoozes.  We drink tea and eat cake and watch the telly. We mooch about until evening time.

It's not a bad little existence.

Now. If anyone can tell me what I have done with my loyalty cards, library cards, membership cards, I would be very grateful.  I clearly remember taking them out of my wallet and putting them away before we headed off to England.  I didn't put them in a "safe place".  I really only have one or two places where I put such things and they are not there.  i've looked in all the places I can think of to look.  I begin to worry that I might have accidentally thrown them out in a fit of excessive tidying.


No comments:

Post a Comment