Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, April 02, 2020

From SS Quarantine #11

I had a very exciting day yesterday!

I had ordered a DVD player and some train journey DVDs. I had an email to say the DVDs had been delivered so went down to the letter box to pick them up.  If we leave post in the box the snails eat it and I didn't really want them eating my brand new DVDs!

On my way back up the drive I saw our next door neighbour standing at her front door.  I was on the far side of the drive.  Lots of space between us, much much more than 1.5 metres.  She had seen me walking down to the letter boxes and had come out to see if we were OK because she hadn't see us for weeks. Was there anything she could get for us? Did we need anything? Any help?

It is very quiet in our corner of Mount Helen. We see the tops of the heads of the few people who walk down the walkway on the other side of our fence. We hear the local children playing. Apart from that the only people we have seen have been Lindsey when she drops off supplies, delivery people dropping things off and waving at us through the window and the gas man who came to change our meter. It was quite exciting to see the next door neighbour as well. And very kind of her to worry about us.

The DVD player arrived yesterday too, delivered to the front door.  Jim had a happy couple of hours armchair travelling round Australia by train.

In other exciting news, I have found my missing loyalty, library and membership cards.  They were exactly where I would have expected them to be, but hiding underneath some other things.  I suspect them of having been deliberately hiding from me. They re-appeared when I was looking for something else.


It was lovely and sunny yesterday so I washed the sliding doors in the dining room and the lounge windows looking into the backyard.  Unsurprisingly it rained hard overnight. The windows are all splashed and grimy again ;-(

This is the view I usually show you from our front door,
looking down the drive towards the road

This is what you see if you stand at our front door
and look straight across.
We are surrounded by trees



No comments:

Post a Comment