Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

26th May

We have not been making a whole lot of progress with the garden or allotment lately. The potatoes are all coming up - although I didn't plant them deeply enough and they keep literally coming up and have to be replanted!

On Saturday we went up to the allotment and planted out a whole bed of broad beans (for it is getting a bit late for Broad beans) and half a bed of peas. I have lots more peas to plant.

The tomatoes I broadcast sowed in the greenhouse have, to my surprise, germinated. There are a couple of gaps, but I've got some seeds underway in the greenhouse back at the house.

The soya beans are flatly refusing to germinate. So while we were in Salisbury I called at the Wilton Garden Centre and bought a new packet. I also bought two Cape Gooseberry seedlings for the greenhouse that doesn't have tomatoes in it!

Otherwise - everything is looking somewhat overgrown. We must find time to get out and sort things out!

Oh - and my sweet potato root now has lots of shoots on it

No comments:

Post a Comment