Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rhubarb crumble cake

First make a basic sponge cake (225g butter, 225g sugar, 225g SR flour, 4 eggs Blend butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time - slowly! Add flour gradually. The mix was a bit thick so I loosened it with some orange and passionfruit juice. Bake at 140d in a fan oven or 160 in a conventional oven, for about 45-50 minutes). I put my cake mix into two loaf tins - one cake for The Builder, one for the office.

Stew some rhubarb with a little sugar (I had a tiny bit of butter as well). Put on top of the sponge cake.

Make a crumble mix, using half flour and half oatmeal

Put on top of the rhubarb

Put it all back in the oven until the crumble is crisp (but not burned!)

Serve on plates - the crumble is crumbly!

Photo to come - I have my camera but not the lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment