Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, January 01, 2024

Not Starting the Year as I Mean to Go On!


 

I was intending to start the year with a New Year's Day lunch at my place.

Oh well. I suppose I have lots of food to tide me over.

And the next few days will be nice and quiet.

In the Before Times I might not have paid much attention to a light headache, a runny nose and sneezing. Hayfever symptoms, more or less. But I thought, under the circumstances, that I had better check,

Just as well I did!

We will have to have our New Year lunch at another time.

2 comments:

  1. And just when our weather is beginning to change for the better and you’d like to be out and about. Hopefully non of your recent contacts received it as a gift from you- do you know where you might have picked it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Almost certainly at work. I work in a medical centre and there have been covid+ patients recently. Fortunately, I am almost fully vaccinated (I had just become eligible for the latest vaccine and was waiting for this week to have it - although now, of course, I will have to wait for another six months) and am so far not really ill. I don't know about the weather improving, though. We've just had the most enormous storm. I'll write about it tomorrow

      Delete