Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, April 19, 2010

Tabitha's broken the bathroom!!!!!

Sound asleep I was at 06:00 this morning.  Suddenly my phone made a noise as of a siren going off. This woke me up quite abruptly!!  (I've had to change the tone my phone uses when text messages come in - SImon and Ian use the same tone and it was all getting far too confusing.  But the siren won't do at all.  Have changed it again to something a little less dramatic!)

Anyway.  It was Taffa.  Could I hop onto Skype.  Well no, because Tony turns off his modem overnight. No Internet access = no Skype.

How do you turn off the water to the bathroom?  Why would you want to do that?  The bath tap is broken?  BROKEN?  How can you have broken the bath tap?????????????

I told her where the isolator valves are in the bathroom. And where the screwdrivers are kept.  Didn't work.  The Builder, also now of necessity awake, issued more detailed instructions.  Still wasn't working.  She couldn't get the screwdriver in at the right angle to be able to turn it.

It seems that plumbers charge £200 at nearly midnight on a Sunday just to turn out (I think I might be in the wrong job!!).

Fortunately, at this point, Steve next door came outside for a cigarette (in his garden, you understand, not ours).  Tabitha rushed outside and pleaded for help.  And Steve rode out to the rescue. I think he enlarged the hole in wall for access to the isolator valves, but whatever he did he has at least managed to get the water off.  We are hopeful that plumbers do not charge £200 just to turn out in the middle of a Monday morning!!

2 comments:

  1. Where were you when I broke the bathroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean how could Taffa brake the tap - the Builder said you did the same thing Mum!!!

    ReplyDelete