Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Easter Feasting

We had a magnificent Easter Feast this year.  We had home made fish cakes on Good Friday, and fish pie on Saturday.  On Sunday I made souvlaki for dinner, with tabouleh and lettuce and tomato, and garlic sauce and toasted pita bread.  It was sumptuously delicious. I had forgotten quite how much I like tabouleh.  I must make it more often

But mostly, our feast was on Monday.  I made some more scotch eggs and some prawn cakes (like fish cakes only with prawns instead of fish) for the entree.  We had a truly lovely piece of lamb from Farmer Jayne roasted with Shetland Black roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, sprouting broccoli from the garden and sweet potatoes, and a vegetable and white wine gravy.

And for dessert we had ice cream sundaes, with choc-mint ice cream (made with fresh mint), baileys ice cream and vanilla ice cream, topped with a chocolate and raspberry sauce, crushed nuts (no crushed nuts on mine!!) and tiny, tiny sugared Easter eggs.  Now if I could only find the recipe for the chocolate sauce again.  Although - I think I have a print out of it somewhere  It was dead easy - just cocoa, sugar and water, to which I added some de-seeded raspberry jam and a healthy dollop of cream. I just can't remember the quantities for the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment