Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Outlet shopping

It is not very often that I have cause to be grateful for the existence of outlet shopping centres, but just such an occasion occurred at the weekend.  We had been enjoying steak and chips in The Swan on Saturday evening.  I enjoyed mine so much that I succeeded in tipping half a pot of peppercorn sauce all over me.  We wiped me down with paper napkins but nevertheless, my clothes still looked on Sunday morning as though I had had a particularly unfortunate accident.  And, of course, I did not have a change of clothes with me because my trousers and shirt had been clean on as we left home on Saturday lunchtime!

We were off to Jeanette and Matthew's place for lunch.  The intention had been to take The Builder's mother with us as well but, alas, she had a tummy upset and was indisposed.  As we trundled towards Whiteley it crossed my mind that just around the corner from Jeanette and Matthew's house there was a rather large outlet shopping centre.  I nipped into a clothes shop, emerged with a pair of trousers and a shirt, ducked into the ladies and got changed into nice, unpeppercorn sauced clothes.  I might also have accidentally gone into Past Times.  And maybe into Whittards.  We now have nice new kitchen plates and a new nightshirt each

We had a lovely lunch and a nice visit. It was good to see everyone, although a bit disappointing that Gwen couldn't join us

And then I had a rather nice week. I had Monday off, just because.  Then on Tuesday and Wednesday I was at a conference in Nottingham.  And tomorrow is Good Friday, and we get a five day weekend.  I think I can probably manage one day in the office!

Oh - and Farley now has his nice new collar.  They had them on sale in our local Sainsbury's too.

A man is coming to talk to us tomorrow morning about guttering.  I very devoutly hope that he does not plan to stay for four hours.  I don't think I could stand four hours talking about gutters and downpipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment