Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Friday, December 16, 2022

Singapore 4

If you look at the little transit map, there is a section in the top corner that looks like little dragonflies


 

I quite liked the idea of traveling around by dragonfly, but it turned out that they were a small light rail system.

We went out to have a look, and travelled round the Punggol loop. It's very cute. The light rail trains are one or two carriages. We got a good view of some of the residential apartment blocks, and even glimpses across the strait into Malaysia




Then we took the metro all the way back down to the bay and went to play with the Gardens by the Bay. It was raining when we got there, so we couldn't buy tickets for the Sky Walk. But we could wander around the gardens themselves, which are free to access. It wasn't raining much, and it stopped shortly after we arrived












I take it that the next Chinese year will be the Year of the Rabbit 😀

I was not a little dismayed late yesterday afternoon to discover that our little community fridge, conveniently located right outside our bedroom doors, had been taken away for "maintenance". Due back in two days, according to the notice. Fortunately, my water bottle wasn't in it, only because I hadn't got around to putting it back after taking it on our day's adventures. But our milk was in it and I was definitely going to want a cup of tea this morning when I got up.

Freyja went to the cinema. Stephen and I met at the Pizza place in the foyer, bought pizzas and repaired to the garden to eat them and to drink our wine. We called at the convenience store for replacement milk. They only had UHT milk. But needs must, and I couldn't be bothered going all the way across the road back to the supermarket. 

When Stephen and I got back to our rooms - the fridge was back!!! And so was our milk. Although the KFC boxes which had been in the fridge since we got here had disappeared. So had lots of other stuff that had been there since we arrived. I was pleased to see the return of our milk, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the carton of UHT milk. I don't need it here and I can't take it back to Oz. I might label it as free for anyone to use and put it in the kitchen on Level 4

I have been doing very well in the Fitbit step challenge this week. Normally I am towards the bottom of the pack (made up of family members around the world, and one friend who bravely joins us each week). This week I am easily towards the top of the pack. Alas - I haven't brought my Fitbit charger cable with me and my Fitbit is about to run out of juice. I would buy a cable but you can't easily buy them in the shops and I don't need an actual new Fitbit. Back to the bottom of the pack I go. I shall just have to treasure the memory of the day I was at the TOP of the leaderboard. Until Freyja synched her Fitbit and pushed me to second 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment