Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Singapore 1


 

I had breakfast yesterday in a (Japanese) Mosburger in the food hall near the hotel. I like Mosburger burgers, although I didn't have one for breakfast. I had a toast and breakfast plate with orange juice. Very tasty - although I wasn't expecting the frankfurter to be a garlic sausage! Sat a bit heavy for breakfast :D

Stephen's flight from London had been delayed by snow, so while we waited, Freyja and I had a potter around the shops, nature trails and other delights that can be found at and around Changi airport. 





Then we collected Stephen and made our way to our hotel home for the coming week. It's a lovely new-ish place in Little India, which is not a part of Singapore that I know well. It's a bit like a backpackers' hostel, but much fancier than that.

My room is equipped with a shower and a separate toilet.
A bit like very fancy student digs

My very snuggly bed. Would be even more
perfect if we happened to be in a snowy place :D

The view from my window

On Level 4 there is a garden, with egg chairs and tables and dining chairs, and a hopscotch court and a gym and all sorts of amusements. There is also a remarkably well equipped kitchen. We spent the evening sitting in the garden, sharing wine and conversation.




We are surrounded by streets filled with cafes and restaurants and shops, all serving Indian wares. We are, after all, in Little India. And across the way there is a large shopping mall, with a metro station, and a wide array of eateries. We had a late lunch in there





Everything opens later than I expect it to - but then again, it stays open later. We are about to head out for breakfast. And to plan what we might like to do today

No comments:

Post a Comment