Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Look at what I made

It's many years since I last made a raised pie, so it's a bit rustic. And I think my new spring loaded cake tin is bigger than the recipe called for - I only just had enough pastry. Definitely none left over for decorations.

It was very tasty, though, despite being rustic in appearance



Wouldn't win a baking competition

but made a delicious lunch, with some salad and pickle 

I've also made some marmalade, with orange, lemon and ruby grapefruit. I have some extra ruby grapefruits so I am planning to make a grapefruit jelly (not a jelly with cream and sprinkles!)


I woke up quite stiff this morning. This is unusual. Then I remembered that I ordered a metre of garden soil yesterday. When it arrived I decided that I needed a wheelbarrow. A quick trip to Bunnings and a wheelbarrow was acquired. Then I shifted enough soil to fill two wooden boxes and one of the hexagonal raised beds before I decided that my back would probably appreciate it if I stopped.  It is not my back that is objecting this morning!!



I've shifted about a third of it, I think. I had intended to move a bit more today but it's raining. Not hard, but enough to mean I'm not likely to play in the garden. Perhaps it will go away for a while and I can move a bit more.  It's not actually in front of the garage door, but it's inconvenient for getting the car out.

No comments:

Post a Comment