Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Poorly sick

It is my habit on Sunday mornings to talk to my parents in Australia on Skype.  (See, I said people mostly talk to us on Skype and not the landline). This last Sunday we spoke as normal, and Tony said that he had had a slight sore throat and a deaf ear for a few days.  Interestingly, I had noted about ten minutes earlier that I had developed the very slightest of slight sore throats. Anyway, it didn't particularly inconvenience me and I paid little attention.  Tony's sore throat didn't seem to be inconveniencing him very much either - although he was finding the deafness extremely irritating.  Clever of him to infect me from the other side of the world, I thought.

I noticed yesterday that I had also developed a slight tickly cough.  Paid no attention.

Woke up at 03:45 this morning absolutely frozen, with a hacking and very painful cough, aching arms and legs and a definite sore throat :-(  The Builder said that I wasn't frozen at all but really rather hot.  I tried to speak.  Nothing :-(

Funnily enough, I haven't gone in to work today.  And Skype has come into its own as a means of communicating with The Builder even when I am sat right next to him :-D

You can tell that we don't get sick very often.  I found in the back of the bathroom cabinet some manuka honey cough sweets that Lindsey brought over in 2009 when I had what we assume was whooping cough. One bag hasn't even been opened.  The other has had about two sweets taken from it. They are six months out of date. They seem still to be working, though!

And Tony can hear again.  His GP syringed out his ears and lo - his hearing came back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment