Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday burgers

It was, you may remember, Tabitha's birthday on Monday.  Yesterday was Cally's quarter birthday.  We couldn't all celebrate Tabitha's birthday on Monday because Freyja and Simon are doing a Boot Camp Japanese course on Monday evenings, and Gareth does a computer course. So we decided to celebrate on Cally's quarter birthday instead.

Woodseats has a plethora of reasonably cheap eating places so we decided that we'd investigate one of those, and went to a fairly new American style diner. Taffa and Gaz have been before and quite liked it.  I have to say that the diner itself is really rather nice.  And The Builder really enjoyed his pizza.  Can't say I enjoyed my burger much - I am not a big fan of processed, frozen burgers (even when they've been cooked!!).  The fries were nice, though.

But having said all that, the evening itself was lots of fun.  I left from work and cadged a lift to Woodseats with Bea and Steve, who happened to be heading that way at the time I was planning to go.  The Builder met Taffa, Cally and me at Nettleham Road, and then we made our way down to the main road where the diner is.  Gaz came from work.  Freyja came from Heeley (though quite what she was doing in Heeley is a mystery). Simon came from wherever he was on his bike.  We all had a very merry time.  We ate and drank and chatted. Cally was remarkably good - she smiled and churtled and wriggled.  It was all good.

We must suss out some of the other eating places around there.  But I'd go back to the American diner.  I'll just have pizza or something else next time!

But I am getting a wee bit old for going out to play on a school night.  Despite Marlo's best efforts I found it veryveryveryveryveryVERY difficult to get up this morning!!!


Birthday girls :-) (If you click on the photo it should take you through to the album)


No comments:

Post a Comment