Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

And another lovely, peaceful weekend

... which passed without incident and without very much to report.

We did a bit of gardening and a few, useful domestic things.


We went to the DIY store and bought a few useful things (As an aside, I was shocked, shocked, SHOCKED to discover that Focus is closing all its stores (think Mitre 10 in Australia).  Who would expect a chain of DIY stores to close down, even in these straitened times!!)

We ate and drank and ambled up to the allotment

And that was pretty much it.

And then I had to come back to work :-S  On a Monday ;-(  It was a horrible shock to the system.  And has put me a day ahead of myself all week.  I was quite convinced that today was Wednesday!!!

Tabitha and Cally came to meet me for lunch on Monday.  We went to the soup and sandwich place across the road (although they also do pizzas and, in summer, some lovely salads).  Cally is getting quite active.  She smiles and talks and tries to throw herself at you for cuddles.  She enjoyed watching the world go by as we sat outside to eat out lunch.  She was fascinated by the pigeons that kept going past. And quite astonishingly - she is now 12 weeks old.

When I first started at SHU I naturally got a staff card. That card ran away one day when I was on my way to work and had to be replaced.  We were also given blue proximity cards, which gave us electronic access to the staff only areas of the building.  Not long after I got my replacement card, it was decided to do away with the blue proximity cards and to issue staff with staff cards which themselves gave electronic access to the staff areas.  I have had that card now for years and years and years and years.  Recently it has been getting reluctant to let me into the staff areas.  Could be persuaded, but really didn't want to. This morning I had a proper look at it. It was getting all frayed around the edges.  The picture and writing were wearing off.  The pink colour was disappearing.  As a form of identification it was completely useless!  So I went to the SHUcard people and requested a new one.  Three minutes later, I had one, and the old one had been retired.  The new one is an excellent form of identification .  And it obdurately and resolutely refuses to let me into any of the staff areas of the building AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment