Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Oh - I meant to say ...

when I wrote up the blog yesterday.  And I forgot.

I am usually pretty good when it comes to Buy-one-get-one-free offers.  If I really only want one and can't see how I can store or preserve the second one, then I usually manage to restrain myself and only buy the one - to the occasional incredulity of checkout people.

On Sunday we went to the supermarket. Amongst the things I intended to buy was a bottle of something fizzy and wine-like.  But only one, for The Builder is not a keen imbiber of fizzy wine.  He'll have the occasional glass, but usually when there isn't anything better on offer.  So I was slightly tempted by the supermarket's offer on white and rose Spanish fizz, but not greatly so.  One bottle would do nicely.  But which colour to have?

While I was pondering, The Builder decided that probably I really did want two bottles.  I looked a bit surprised.  Then realised that one bottle cost £11.  The offer wasn't that I could have two for £11.  The offer was that I could have two for *£10*.  An offer too good to miss.  I bought a bottle of each colour!!!

I wonder if they were finding them hard to shift.  They weren't hard to drink, it must be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment