Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Usually, I take photos from our front door or front porch, looking across the fence to the reserve / building site, or looking down the driveway.

Late yesterday afternoon, I was walking back up from the front of the driveway. The mail boxes are set in a small wall at the bottom of the driveway and I had been down to check if there was any post.  I wasn't expecting any but if I don't check regularly, the snails eat whatever arrives in the mail box. As I walked back up the driveway I noticed how beautiful the tree over the fence was looking.  It's a glorious tree which I assume is safe from developers if only because it is on council land and also because it is a magnificent, old, native tree which I assume you can't just chop down because you feel like it




Isn't it beautiful?

Speaking of the reserve / building site - I mentioned a few days ago that the builders had put in a road on the other side and then disappeared, never to be seen again. I obviously have greater Summoning powers than I thought because they turned up again on Friday with a big, blue digger. They are digging something with great enthusiasm.

I haven't yet washed any more windows.  When I have been here with the time to do it, it's been raining.

The Farmgate shop has been jollifying its car park.  Lindsey thought this might amuse my grandchildren.  I thought it might amuse you:



It was very, very windy overnight and it rained a lot. The guava tree got blown over, although it is only in a small pot.  I must pot it properly into the large pot I bought for it. It's just getting light now. I should probably go and see what else got blown around overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment