Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Lockdown Monday

I did manage to get off the couch yesterday.

I pottered about in the kitchen in the morning. I have an enormous shepherds' pie in the fridge, waiting for its first outing tomorrow. I expect to go in to work tomorrow; my Wednesday activities can't really be done from home. I don't usually get back until after 6:30 so it's nice when food is ready just to be put in the oven. There is easily enough for another meal each. If we are not greedy, probably two more (Disclaimer: we are greedy!)

I put a piece of pork shoulder in the oven for a Sunday-Dinner-on-a-Monday. I made a loaf of bread to have with our lunchtime soup. I also made some stock to make Wednesday's lunchtime soup with.

I spent a pleasant, quiet time brushing the cats. Brandy has obviously been brushed since a kitten. He is a long haired cat and needs to be brushed regularly or he gets scruffy and knotty. Whiskey I think may not have been regularly brushed. He obviously wants to be included but until recently wasn't impressed with the actual process of brushing. He's getting more relaxed with it now.

I ventured out to the IGA. My shopping list had lengthened to the point where it seemed reasonable to go. I also went to get fuel for the car and used the app to pay for it. It seemed quite bold to fill up and drive away without going into the shop. It must have worked, though. No one has been chasing me for money owed.

Whiskey was quite keen to head out through the front door, so I put his collar and lead on and took him out. Brandy was snoozing in the sunshine on our bed and seemed disinclined to join in. Whiskey was quite happy - until a group of kids ran down the path over the fence, whereupon he bolted back into the house. I really must remember to take them out on their leads more often so they get used to it.



After lunch I motivated myself to head out into the back yard and Do Useful Things.  I've taken down the gazebo. It makes a significant difference to the amount of light we get in the dining room and lounge room. I'm hoping next summer to get an awning which we can put up and down depending on whether we want to use it. The gazebo is too hard to put up and down to keep changing it. Once it went up it stayed up until now. I've also pulled the sweet corn stalks and the last tomato plants and started weeding the beds.  I really need to sort the compost bins out and then I need to get some more garden soil.  I want to get some for the beds at Hill House too. While I was outside, I swept and organised the patio and cut the grass.  I may not be able to move today!

So now there are some "after" photos now to go with the earlier "before" photos





The pavers that the barbecue is sitting on aren't properly laid. I just put them down so I could move the barbecue. I will lay them properly. One Day. Maybe!

It was a beautiful, beautiful day yesterday. The sun shone and the sky was blue right until late afternoon. I think it's supposed to be cloudy today.

Morning views:





and late afternoon:



No comments:

Post a Comment