Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, October 19, 2020

Garden

 I was siting on my couch over the weekend and gazing idly at this:


How nice, I thought, to be able to see the lavender from my couch.

It crossed my mind that this is the first lounge room I've had where the windows have come down low enough to be able to see the garden from my couch. It's rather nice.

I went out to inspect the garden and to consider what needs to be done to it.  The short bed at the top needs weeding, and topping up with a bit more soil.  It's got lupins and hollyhocks in it, but I want to put up a trellis and plant some sweet peas as well.  The rest of the garden is looking quite good.  A little light weeding is in order, but the plants have largely bedded in well and are keeping the weeds at bay.

I looked around to check the bed under the lounge room windows.  And saw this:


They are very curious about what is behind the closed, outside doors and the windows. In another couple of weeks I will get a couple of harnesses and take them out for a walk. Not quite yet, though. I don't want to lose them.

I have to give a shout out to Bunnings. Lindsey and I went to the local Bunnings yesterday afternoon to get a few things.  While we were there we had a look at some of the outside furniture. They had a wooden table which was almost exactly what I had in mind for the new patio when it is laid later in November. When I got home I looked it up online and ordered it and a couple of park bench style seats.  So mid-afternoon on a Sunday.  They arrived this morning, Monday, at almost exactly 09:00.  I was very impressed! (The website said between 2 to 5 working days so I wasn't really expecting them until Wednesday or Thursday.)

Apart from that it's been a quiet few days. Nothing particularly noteworthy has happened in the Tani household. (And long may it remain that way!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment