Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Bridges

Ever since I have had access to a digital camera of some sort, I have taken photos of bridges when I see them. To be properly collected, the bridge should be walked over, or driven at a pinch, or passed under. Of course, not all bridges can be crossed or passed under.  The packhorse bridge at Haddon Hall, for instance, isn't accessible to the public.  But where possible I try to collect them properly.

Some years ago, Freyja wrote a poem for me about my bridge collection, which she printed out and framed.  This poem says that my bridges adorn the lounge room wall. In fact, I didn't bring any of the framed bridge photos with me when we came back from England and the current lounge room walls don't lend themselves to hosting a bridge collection.

I decided to buy digital photo frame. I had to wait for one to be brought in to the local Good Guys store. While I was waiting, I sorted through my photos on my laptop and put all the bridge photos into a separate folder.

Then the photo frame arrived.  I copied the bridge folder onto a memory stick and plugged it into the new phot frame.  And it worked very well. Except that the photos were a bit small.

Somewhat belatedly I remembered that I can actually display photos on the TV. Much better. Nice, clear photos of bridges. No wonder the people at the Good Guys were surprised when I ordered a digital photo frame!

However, I've got it now and it didn't cost a mere tuppence ha'penny.  I need to use it for something. So I am amusing myself sorting through the photos again, creating another folder of favourite photos to display on the digital frame. I'm not sure where I am going to put it, though. It needs to be up higher than it is on the shelf it's currently sitting on, plus it needs access to a power supply. I'm sure I'll find somewhere.

In other news, I think Brandy and Whiskey are settling in. They are beginning to find favoured spots for snoozing in.







No comments:

Post a Comment