Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not getting ready to go to Japan

So Freyja has moved out of her room in the house on Violent Bank. Or more or less she has.  I dropped round there after work on Friday and helped her shove boxes and bags and bin bags down into the cellar, off into Tabitha's spare room and round at Simon's place. We dusted and vacuumed the room. Then I went home and Freyja went to Motosushi.

And there she and Simon now are, hanging with Austin and Kaori and generally having a good time.

I, in the meantime, spent the weekend not really properly getting ready to go to Tokyo. I really ought to think about packing. We're going on Thursday evening!  I have told the bank that I'm going, and my phone company.  I did organise with Tammy next door to feed the chickens and Marlo - but that was a few days ago. Perhaps I should remind her!  I have printed out the plane confirmation and ALL the hotel confirmations. We have bought presents for Kaori's parents and brother (but not the dog - I forgot the dog!!!). Freyja has a present for Kaori with her. I have passports at the ready.  I have yen.  We're pretty much ready, I reckon! But not packed. And not having gathered up all the chargers and cables and things

We had a nice time on Saturday (not getting ready to leave for Japan). We went to Chatsworth and to Bakewell and sat on a wall by the river in the sunshine and had chips for lunch from one of the new chip shops (not as good as the original chippy, it must be said - but also nothing like the length of queue) and watched the ducks and the trout in the river. It was all good.

I am, however, worried about Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment