Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More food

And it was another weekend filled with food, although we decided not to go to any of the food festivals that were on offer over the weekend.  Instead we pottered about at home and close by.  We went out to Rowsley to the mill for some bread flour.  We went to Chatsworth to the garden centre and the farm shop.  We pootled in the garden and pottered in the kitchen and ate and drank and generally had a good time.

I am not working on Mondays during May.  The first and last Mondays in the month are bank holidays.  I booked yesterday off so I could go to a meeting of sorts.  That got moved to the previous Monday so I booked that one off as well.  And that left one lonely, sad, unbooked Monday all on its own.  So I booked that off as well :-)  I have to say I have been enjoying my long weekends.  It's going to be a horrible shock when June trundles along and I have to start working on Mondays again!

Yesterday we went into town.  We don't often get the chance to potter about in Chesterfield, unencumbered by time constraints.  The Builder took the opportunity to go into one of the banks to cancel his account (its an extraneous one that has long outlived its usefulness).  While he was doing that I went for a roam around the market and the shops. I ventured into the tourist information centre. I had a nice walk around.  And eventually he emerged from the bank and we went to the Rutland for lunch (good, plentiful, inexpensive pub food, you may remember).  Then we went home and I settled in for some serious afternoon and evening television watching and The Builder went to an Allotment Meeting in one of the local pubs that we have never ventured into.  It's not a food pub so I don't suppose we'll have much reason to go in - we don't tend to go drinking in pubs; more eating.

My weekend sort of drifted into today.  I'm on an evening shift at Collegiate and spent the morning at home making ice cream and biscuits and other yummy things.  A nice gentle, deferred start to the week  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment