Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, March 15, 2010

There isn't really very much to say this week.  Most of what I have to say for myself is on the food and garden blogs!

It was lovely actually to get out into the garden. Since we rolled into March, the weather has improved noticeably.  It's still rather on the cold side but we have seen quite a bit of sunshine and not much in the way of rain and NO snow!! 

I begin to think that I might be slightly, but chronically sleep deprived.  I sit down on Sunday afternoons to watch Songs of Praise, the news and Countryfile.  Songs of Praise is fine. I usually manage the news.  But for some reason, Countryfile drives me into a deep, deep sleep.  And it can't be because it's boring.  I really quite enjoy it. On those very rare occasions that I manage to stay awake for it!  Yesterday I didn't wake up again until nearly bedtime - which was far too late to have the slow-roasted breast of lamb I had planned for Sunday dinner.  We'll just have to have our Sunday dinner on a Monday. Although - we don't usually drink alcohol during the week, and I had a lovely bottle of Shiraz to go with it.  Might have to have Sunday wine on a Monday this week too! And maybe get just a little more sleep during the course of the week.  It might be that the 7 hours I get on most nights isn't enough. Or maybe I should relocate Countryfile to Mondays and watch it on the BBC iPlayer!!

Back at the beginning of the year, I ordered a Farley dog to come from Canada.  He was the dog in the For better or for worse comic strip that I've been following for years.  He took about six weeks to arrive. And once he got here (he's very cute!) I thought: really, I should have got one for Stella.  But it wasn't too late.  There were still Farley dogs in stock.  so I ordered one for Stella.  I got a message to say it was on its way and that it would take between 1 and 3 months to get from Vancouver to Melbourne. NINE days later I got a message from Stella to say that her Farley had arrived.  NINE DAYS!!!!!  Farley dogs are obviously much keener to go and live with Stella than they are with me!

The window men are coming tomorrow.  That should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment