Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A general ketchup

My new Mac Book Pro has arrived!!!  It's *lovely* and shiny and silvery and sleek.  It has a beautifully clear screen and behaves impeccably. It is happily talking to the new printer, which is also lovely and shiny - and which prints beautiful copies in a fraction of the time the last one took. Not that the last one would talk to the Mac. I had to put things onto The Builder's Windows laptop if I wanted to use the printer

It took a bit of time to convince the two Macs to talk to each other. It eventually transpired that this was because there was a dialogue box in the part of the screen on the old one which you can't see, asking me if I really wanted to migrate all my stuff across.  Once I *eventually* found the dialogue box, it all went quite smoothly.

I have also, eventually, backed everything up onto the 1TB external hard disc I bought last August and hadn't ever got around to setting up. There was a hiccough or two trying to get it all set up, but eventually it decided to play.  I think it was being grumpy having been ignored for all those months!

So all is well in the Apple-verse in Tutpon.  Well, apart from the dodgy screen on the old Mac.

We came back from Cambridge on Saturday after a late brunch and after delivering Taffa to her supermarket. We delivered Freyja to her place in Sheffield as well. And we had a lovely, pottering rest-of-the-weekend. We had guinea fowl for dinner yesterday - not something I have ever eaten before, still less cooked.  It was rather nice, although had you served it to me and told me it was just a small chicken, I probably wouldn't have argued with you.  I also made an orange and poppy seed cake. Also rather nice.  I'll write it all up on the food blog, probably tomorrow.

The debate about the first day of spring (summer/autumn/winter) lingers on. But it has to be said that March dawned today bright and shiny and sunny and (by comparison with the last three months) almost warm! The snowdrops are out in the orchard. The hellebores are coming into flower. The birds are singing vigorously. It may not actually be spring yet (and the garden doesn't think it is) - but it's defnitely on its way  :-)

Has anyone seen my keys?  They seem to have vanished.  I last remember having them in the spare room this morning, although I equally remember walking out of the spare room and am *fairly* sure I had them with me.  But neither The Builder nor I can find them now. We have a couple fo spare sets of house keys - but I can't keep the spare office key out of the key press indefinitely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment