Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Poor Peter

Had a message from The Builder this morning to ring Tony.  Uncle Peter was in hospital and the condition was terminal.

Thank heavens for mobile telephony.  Can't make international calls from the office. But I can on my iPhone. I rang Tony.  Not so much terminal as terminated, I think.  Peter had collapsed on Saturday and been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, where he had been put on a life support machine.  Cousin Penny had told Tony that Peter's guts were completely dead, from which Tony infers a massive embolism. So poor Peter is being kept alive by a machine but is, I fear, effectively dead.

More news as it becomes clear.

He's going to be very cross though.  He was determined to last until that cruise to Greenland later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment