Kurashiki, Japan, May 2026

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

What I Have Done Lately

I've been quite busy lately. I have done my usual Japanese classes, online on Tuesday and Saturday mornings, and in person on Wednesday evening. 

I went into work on Thursday to cover a gap in the reception roster. I needed to be there quite early. It was still dark when I left home 😩



I had dinner with Lindsey in The Quarterhouse on Thursday evening.

The mattress people came on Friday morning and I did useful things in the afternoon.

Sunset on Friday evening:




Wendy came by on Saturday and we went to the Docklands Pantry for lunch, enjoying the winter sunshine




Sunday was the Melbourne half marathon, part of which was run along Harbour Esplanade. I did not participate! But I did watch from my window. I forgot to go to the market, remembering only when it was too late. I did clean and tidy the flat, which doesn't take long, and wandered over to the outlet centre in the afternoon.

I was carefully watched by the Docklands Giraffes while I was busy at home


Brandy was also carefully watching something on Sunday afternoon. Something he was not happy about. He was yelling at it in the way he would do if there was some sort of monster, or other cat, or possum outside the window, which seemed unlikely given that we are on the 6th floor.



And this is what it was:



It's caught in a web and blows around in the wind. I can't get to it to move it. I am hoping it will blow away when next it rains properly. But it does look as though it's alive when it flutters about. I can see why Brandy was displeased by its presence.

Chris came to visit on Monday. We went over to the food hall in the outlet centre so she could indulge her wish to eat dumplings. I had intended to go to the dumpling cafe round the corner but it has closed (somewhat abruptly). It's a pity because it made exceedingly good dumplings. The Dumpling Chef in the outlet centre does ok dumplings.  We had coffee (Chris) and hot chocolate (me) after the dumplings and then went for a look around the shops before Chris caught her train back to Macedon.

The rest of this week is looking fairly quiet. Just the regular stuff, which isn't very demanding

No comments:

Post a Comment