Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

A Watery Adventure

Back in the summer, when Freyja, Simon and I were staying in Tooradin, we went to the Somers Beach and Freyja and Simon went swimming


It looked as though they were having lots of fun. I went paddling and the water was nice and warm.

I might have gone swimming too, except that I didn't own any bathers and I am a touch too old to go swimming either in my day clothes or in my underwear.

When we got back home, I bought some bathers, put them in a drawer - and forgot all about them.

Then I ran across them again and thought that perhaps they should have some sort of watery outing. I investigated what was happening at the Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre, bought ten tickets and considered going to water aerobics. I used to do water aerobics, both before I moved to England and again in Sheffield. I enjoyed water aerobics.

It didn't happen!

More recently I thought I might go to basic yoga classes, also at the Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre. I used to do yoga, back in Sheffield, before I moved to Tupton. I liked yoga. I booked a class.

Then someone at work said she couldn't do lots of yoga poses anymore because they are done on the floor and she can't get back up. I definitely can't get up, or not easily, if I find myself on the floor. I cancelled the class.

But I still had ten class tickets sitting about doing nothing and my bathers still hadn't had a watery outing. So yesterday I went to a warm water exercise class. It is meant to be "gentle warm water exercise for seniors". Certainly, the participants were seniors. And the water was warm. Gentle? Perhaps not so much - although perhaps I might find it gentle if I do ten weeks worth of classes and get ever so slightly fitter. I am hopeful that it might improve my balance and also my grip. We did lots of exercises that challenged my grip. And my balance. Especially my balance. I was, in fact, completely unbalanced - and kept floating away ๐Ÿ˜‚


No comments:

Post a Comment