Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Tuesday, July 09, 2024

A Good Day

I had a good day yesterday.

It started with cups of tea, watching the sun rise over the Dandenongs, talking to Ghost and pottering around.

I walked up to The Red Door Cafe, which is under a kilometre from Ghost's apartment - and, mercifully, is just before you get to the VERYSTEEP hill, which leads up to High Street. It was a lovely morning for a stroll. The cafe is very cute and the food was not bad, although the coffee could have been hotter. It was surprisingly busy for a Monday morning.

Inside the red door

I had a hearty breakfast 

I wandered back to Ghost's place and had a rummage in the general store under her feet.

Then I went out to La Manna, where I had a lovely fossick around. I had to be a bit restrained, though. I couldn't buy every tasty morsel I chanced upon!

And so back to my place, where Brandy and Whiskey were quite pleased to see me. I wiled away the afternoon with a little gentle tidying, some pottering and a bit of reading, and made dinner with some vegetables that were patiently waiting in the fridge and some lamb from La Manna.

The weather was pleasant all day.

It is not pleasant today! It is cold, damp, dismal, rainy and foggy. I shall stay inside until I absolutely have to go out. Which I will, at some point. I need to get some nice flowers and I am due to meet Lindsey this evening. Perhaps the weather will have improved by then. In the meantime, I might tidy the kitchen and perhaps even go wild and get dressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment