Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Lunching. Again!



I definitely wasn't abandoned over the weekend.

Lindsey and I went to the market, which has now moved back to its paddock on Zoo Drive. We went to Wilson's. We collected Stella and went to Oscar's for lunch and then went clothes and shoe shopping with her.

I had a nice long chat with Neighbour #2 in the driveway.

We drove in my car. Lindsey's car is sitting in her driveway waiting for attention. The engine starts but we don't think it's safe actually to drive it. It got her back on Thursday night after its altercation with the kangaroo, but not only is the front stoved in, the radiator is damaged and who knows what's going on behind that.

On Sunday morning I had a nice long chat with Neighbour #1 in the driveway . Both their units are now available to rent and Mooch the cat (who looks much like Whiskey) has gone. I'm going to miss talking to Mooch through his lounge room windows.

And then I finally had the Sunday lunch that had to be cancelled a month ago when Stella fell and Jim died.

We had a really lovely salad, which I assembled in my trifle bowl. It started out with the makings of a Greek salad, but then I added layers of pomegranate, capsicum, sunflower seeds, kidney beans, other tasty things and topped it with more feta and then crushed peanuts. We had it with toasted Turkish bread. It was delicious!

Then we had roast lamb, roast potatoes, green things and a sweet potato sauce, followed by apple crumble. We had alcoholic wine, low alcohol wine, no alcohol wine.

We had lots of chatter.

It was good to catch up.

Yesterday I went and collected Lindsey and we went to Kmart so I could get a new (cheap!) air fryer to replace the previous one which had randomly stopped working on Friday. I have also borrowed her alleged air fryer with shelves. It's not really an air fryer. It's more of a very small, bench top fan oven. If you think of it in that way it is very effective. As an actual air fryer it is rather disappointing. The conventional bench top oven has moved into the garage, ready for when I start to assemble my "garage kitchen", and the not-air fryer has taken up its space. I might almost have enough ovens now, especially if you count the microwave.

We visited Stella again. She is very pleased with her new shoes and clothes.

Lindsey's car has gone to hospital on a tow truck. 

And I had better get moving. I have a Japanese lesson in 30 minutes and I am not ready!






No comments:

Post a Comment