Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Mostly Eating

You may remember that I was at the surgery on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Lindsey suggested that I stay in the flat on Wednesday night, rather than running up and down the freeway on all three days.

So I did.

Then Freyja said that, as I would be in town, we could go out for dinner. I didn't particularly want to go out. I had been thinking about pizza from the shop downstairs and some wine. But then Freyja said Kinyoubi, which is a Japanese Izakaya in Smith Street. And she reminded me that Thursday was her birthday.

So I gatecrashed her birthday dinner with Simon and joined them at Kinyoubi for dinner. They ordered several small dishes. I had teriyaki salmon - and their gyoza when they were accidentally given pork gyoza rather than vegetarian. A perfect dessert in my view!


Happy birthday, Freyja

I had a nice and slow morning on Thursday. I was only going in to work for a farewell lunch for someone who has worked on reception for many years and with whom I have worked quite closely. I had intended to make vegetarian gyoza for the lunch but had left the makings in the work fridge on Wednesday night. So I bought Japanese biscuits instead. But it didn't matter. Lindsey had provided party pies. We bought fish, chips and potato cakes from the chippy in the shopping centre. Someone brought cheese and biscuits. We had muffins and cakes and the Japanese biscuits. And we had lots of soft drink.

It was a good farewell party

Thank you for all your hard work

Not much eating on Friday. I had made a pasta bolognaise for lunch, which I ate most of, but the doctors had a training session and the visiting physio had brought lots of magnificent sandwiches, so she had those at lunchtime. I had a couple of the leftover sandwiches before heading back to Mount Helen. So not fancy eating but very satisfactory. I am very fond of well made sandwiches, and I am equally fond of curly fettuccine with bolognaise (or, really, any kind of) sauce.

I need to get ingredients for tomorrow's lunch today. Lindsey and I are about to head off to the mushroom farm, the butcher and the bakery. Oh, and the IGA. A busy morning of food shopping, ready for more eating tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment