Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, April 08, 2023

Back to Normal. Sort of!

Our luggage turned up at my place at 8:00 on Monday morning. I was very impressed.

We visited Stella and Jim in the afternoon. Stella was very pleased with the warrior bear we bought her at the Sekigahara Battle Museum. She has called him Sampson the Samurai. Jim was pleased with his present too. I had bought chocolate biscuits and chocolate covered baseball bat cakes for him which he happily ate. (Not all of them; there are still some in my pantry. But he would have eaten all of them had I taken them. Hugo the Lifestyle Coordinator gave him a large chocolate Easter bunny on Thursday. I got to his room about 10 minutes later and the rabbit had been demolished and Jim was more or less in a chocolate coma 😂)

Lindsey went back to work on Tuesday.

Life returned more or less to normal - apart from the Easter weekend happening at the end of the week.

The Mushroom Farm Shop has reopened after a long break for refurbishment. Lindsey and I went to visit yesterday. Most shops are closed on Good Friday but smaller ones can open if they choose. So the mushroom farm shop was open. So was our local IGA. Not that I needed anything. I went out to the mushroom farm to see what they had done with their refurb, and to the IGA simply because Lindsey stopped there on our way back from the farm shop.

Lindsey and I visited Stella and Jim again yesterday afternoon. Jim was in the tea room for the Friday Happy Hour, where they were supping drinks of their choice, eating cakes and biscuits and singing (to YMCA, as we walked in!) We have all noticed that since Jim moved from the dementia unit into the main area he has become much more involved in things. He eats in the dining room. He goes to Happy Hour on Fridays, and to morning tea. I quite often have to go hunting for him when I go to visit. He seems happy there. 

The weather has turned cold and wet for the Easter weekend. It did not take Brandy and Whiskey long to notice that I had lit the fire!



No comments:

Post a Comment