Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Tidying and Sorting

Since she moved into her room in Mount Clear, Stella has had lots of photos and knick knacks and things on the bench in her room. It was all a bit chaotic and you couldn't really see what was there.

After her little fridge arrived, we measured the remaining space and decided that the black bookcase, which was along the side wall of my dining room, would be perfect for the space, lying on its side.

So on Saturday Lindsey and I took it in, set it up and put the photos, things and pictures on it. It looks really good


Stella doesn't watch her TV so we didn't 
need to worry about covering it up

Much better. You can see what's there. I believe the Man with the Hammer is coming in today to put some picture hooks up so we can hang some of Stella's pictures. And we're going to bring in a glass cabinet and possibly a wooden cabinet from Mount Martha and maybe another bookcase. Make her room feel even more like home.

I've taken a small bookcase into Jim's room as well and taken in some of his cars and other bits and pieces to make his room look more like home. I'm going to see if we can get some picture hooks up in his room too so I can take in some of his photo frames. 

I went to Mount Martha on Sunday to pack up some more boxes for a local charity and some books and CD/DVDs for the Lions' book shop in Buninyong. The poor house is beginning to look distinctly neglected. There is still stuff everywhere. If you look very closely, you can see where I had been but there is still quite a lot to do. There is more to clear out in the kitchen than I had thought. The furniture is mostly gone, though. What is still there, apart from the glass and wooden cabinets which we will take to Stella's room, will need to be taken away by a house clearance company. None of us needs the beds or chairs or desks and stuff.

I ran out of small boxes so gave up on my clearing activities and went to Melbourne to take Afternoon Tea at Freyja and Simon's place, enjoying the sunshine in their courtyard. Then I came home.


Evening light from my front porch

No comments:

Post a Comment