Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Friday, September 02, 2022

September Already

The Bloke with the Hammer turned up on Tuesday and put up picture hooks in Stella's room so she now has some of her pictures hanging up. I've taken in her fancy bears sitting on their sofa (they look as though they are waiting for champagne and canapés!). Her room is looking very home-like and very Stella-like. She says that it still doesn't feel like home, but I think it will, eventually. She also says that it's very nice in her room - and everyone who sees photos of her says that she is looking bright and alert and well







Lindsey and I took her out yesterday, to the Stockland shopping centre in Wendouree. We had tempura bento boxes for lunch in Tokyo Sukiyaki. We went clothes shopping. We wandered around and did some window shopping. I resisted the temptation to go into House. I do not need any more kitchen equipment (for now, at least 😂) We had a lovely potter round and I think Stella enjoyed it a lot.

Out for lunch

Lindsey and I called in to see Jim after we had dropped Stella off. I must organise the Bloke with the Hammer to put some picture hooks up in his room as well. I have some photo boards that could go in there. He seems quite well, although his cognition is noticeably declining. Still, he definitely recognised Lindsey, which is good. He recognised me as well, but I call in, even if briefly, several times a week so he hasn't had much chance to forget me!

Meteorological spring has sprung with bright, sunny mornings. Cold, yes, but definitely sunny. The sun shining through the front windows reminds me that it is a Very Long Time Indeed since I last washed them. I really should! I bought a new window washing attachment for the hose ages ago and still haven't attached it. I really, really should !! 

I wonder if it's too early to try using my new seed germinating heat pad and get the tomato, zucchini, pumpkin and other seeds underway

Now, if anyone can tell me how it got to be 08:00 already, I would be very grateful. Last time I checked the clock I am sure it was only 06:00 or so. Better get on and properly start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment