Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Labour Day Weekend

It was a long weekend. As in, Monday was a public holiday, not that the weekend seemed interminable.

We didn't do anything very exciting.  Lindsey and I went to the Bridge Mall market and out to the mushroom farm and the Elaine Farmgate shop. It was very, very busy in town on Saturday morning, and strangely busy in little Buninyong as we passed through. It was busy out at the mushroom farm as well.

Mind you, in addition to being the long weekend, it was the Begonia festival in Ballarat  and the Chill Out Pride festival in Daylesford so there were a lot of extra people in the neighbourhood.

Fortunately, the weather was fine.  Not hot, but fine.

Well, until yesterday when it started raining.  We do need rain. After an unusually wet January it was very dry in February. I bought a new rain gauge and the rain disappeared :- D But I rather think that the local tourist, visitor and hospitality venues might have preferred the rain to hold off until today. Fortunately, damp and misty weather didn't impede my plans for yesterday, largely because I didn't really have any, and none that required that I be outside.

It has been cool enough on and off over the past couple of days for us to think that it would be nice to have the heating on. I didn't really want to put the central heating on. Our heating is ducted heating which blows hot air through vents in the ceiling. I don't really like having hot air blown at me and I don't find it particularly effective. Also, I didn't want to heat the entire house just because we were a bit chilly in the lounge room. We do, though, have a small, portable radiator which is enough to take the chill or damp feeling off the lounge room.  I hauled that out of the spare room where it had been over-summering and moved the fan, which we hardly used over the summer, into its place in the spare room.

It took Brandy all of 10 seconds to realise that a lovely heat source had arrived.  Whiskey was not far behind!


Whiskey couldn't possibly get any closer!


No comments:

Post a Comment