Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, March 01, 2021

A productive Sunday

And yesterday did prove to be a beautiful day. It was warm and sunny, still and bright. And productive :-)



Lindsey and I went out to Elaine.

I shifted all the easily moveable furniture out of the dining room and thoroughly cleaned the floor.

I decided that something must be done about the little front gravel bed.  There is a small grate that I had tried to keep clear when I put the gravel down.  This was not working very well and gravel was falling into the drain. It somewhat belatedly occurred to me that I could cover it with the weed mat, which is water permeable, and put gravel over the top which would look better and which should stop the gravel falling in.  There is still a small pile of gravel and plenty of weed mat. So I did that.

I whipper snipped the grass, which has been growing with an enthusiasm which is unusual in February. Jim keeps the tiny front lawn under control with a small push mower. It's harder to use the mower out the back now that we have the hexagonal vegetable beds out there. So I tend to keep it down with the whipper snipper.  I haven't done it for quite some time and the grass was almost knee high in some places.  It isn't now!

I swept the patio and rewarded myself for a productive afternoon by sitting outside with a glass of wine as evening settled.

So summer officially ended with a perfect summer's day.

Today has not been a perfect autumn day. It has been cold and cloudy and damp. No rain, as such, just damp. I have dug out my winter track suit bottoms. I am not ready yet to put my summer clothes away - I am hopeful that there will still be some warm, autumn days to come. But today I am glad of warmer clothes.

Sleepy boys at Tani and at Hill House:






No comments:

Post a Comment