Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Brandy and Whiskey's Friday Adventure

 Brandy and Whiskey are indoor cats.

They don't often show much interest in going outside.  Brandy pottered out into the front garden once, as I was going out, and had a quiet sniff around.  Apart from that, they seem content to sit and watch if we are in either the front or back garden.

The garage is an entirely different matter. They have a deep and abiding fascination with what is behind the garage door.  I can't tell you why. The garage doesn't deeply excite me.  But whenever anyone goes near the door into the garage, they gallop down the hallway with every evidence of excitement and a determination to get in there and explore. Sometimes, when the car isn't in there, I let them in under supervision to have a sniff around.

On Friday I decided to let them out into the back garden, under close supervision, to have a sniff. They are not big jumpers so I wasn't too worried about them getting over the fence and disappearing - but I certainly wouldn't trust them not to try if there was no-one to convince them not to!










They both showed cautious curiosity about the back cat sculpture that sits by the patio


All went well.  They didn't try to jump up over the fence. It drew my attention to one place where they could easily escape (there's a VERY narrow gap between the backs of the garages and the fence which would allow them into next door's yard. I must block it off.) They seemed to enjoy their adventure. Until some people went down the walkway over the fence, laughing and chattering, whereupon Brandy shot back inside and Whiskey went to bolt up along the back fence - towards the weak point by the garage. He was not particularly impressed when I grabbed him and brought him back to the patio door. But it was their dinner time so he didn't stay cross for long 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment