Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A good weekend

Covid restrictions in Victoria have been considerably rolled back.  We can now have up to 100 people in our homes in the course of a day and up to 200 in a gathering in a public place. Mask wearing is no longer mandatory except for on public transport and in a few specific other places. Apart from travel overseas, I don't think there is anything that I would be likely to want to do that I can't do.

It is extremely unlikely that I would want to have 100 people in our house. I most definitely don't have enough chairs. I don't have enough room.  And I don't think that I actually know 100 people, or not well enough to have them all in the house at the same time!

Anyway, I don't like crowds and it would definitely be crowded at our place.

And just as it looked as though Australia was on top of the Covid outbreak and we could all relax a bit - up Covid popped in Brisbane. Keeping us all on our toes!

It may yet make its way back into Victoria - people had been moving around before anyone tested positive in Brisbane. But it's not here yet and so our weekend plans could go ahead.

Lindsey and I went to the Zoo Drive market, then the Mushroom Farm and on to the Elaine Farmgate Shop.

I dropped out to the Buninyong Autumn Market on Saturday afternoon. It was all a bit crowded for me. I have never much like crowds but Covid Physical Distancing has trained me to like them even less. It was a craft market more than anything so wasn't of particular interest. I did get fish and chips from the Mr Squidgy van. It is usually parked in Warrenheip on Friday evenings when Lindsey and I pass through on our way back from work. I had noticed that it was due at the autumn market and thought I would give it a go. I'm not convinced by the freshness of the flathead I bought, but the chips and potato cakes were good.


A bustling afternoon in little Buninyong

Sunday brought Chris, John, Irene, Gillie and Flora to our place for lunch. Flora was a bit confused by the presence of Whiskey in our lounge room when she arrived. Whiskey didn't seem particularly perturbed by Flora (Brandy was asleep on our bed so didn't notice Flora). We don't, of course, know what interactions Brandy and Whiskey had had with dogs in the past, but Whiskey's reaction suggests that they haven't had bad experiences.

In order that that should continue, I shut both cats in the bedroom and Flora had a lovely time playing with the cat toys and snoozing on the cat beds.  The cat beds are really too small for her, but she did her best



The rest of us had tomato soup followed by roast beef with all the usual accompaniments and finished with an apple and rhubarb crumble.  As traditional an English Sunday Roast as I could manage. It was a good afternoon, culminating a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment