Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Lockdown #3

It may have been something of a mistake to bake a loaf of potato bread (300 g mashed potato, 300 g plain flour, yeast, sugar, salt and water, though I used milk that was starting to turn in the interests of reducing food waste) and to make a pot of left overs soup early yesterday morning.

The left overs soup had left over beef casserole, left over cooked vegetables, a few other vegetables that were starting to look a bit sorry for themselves, some feta that needed using, some vegetable stock and a tin of tomato soup that didn't particularly need using but which I chucked in because I felt like it.

Obviously, when the soup and bread were ready, I had to check them to make sure they tasted ok. And then I checked again, just in case I had been mistaken. Then I had to have a bit more, and perhaps a bit more. By the time lunchtime actually arrived, I was very, very, very full of soup and bread.

Next time I will have to do things much closer to lunchtime so there is much less temptation to eat everything in advance.  Not that I literally ate everything. Jim had some at actual lunchtime and there is enough left for lunch today.

It was a lovely day, weather-wise, yesterday. I sorted out God's tomato plants (the ones that God sent, rather than the ones that I grew). They have actual tomatoes on them, though they are not yet ripe. I tied up some raspberry canes. I sorted out my zucchini plants. I sat out on the patio for a while in the afternoon. Did a spot of watering. Did a bit of tidying in the house, though I could really do to put a bit more effort into that. We had chicken kievs for dinner with more veg and baked potatoes. (The spell check wanted to make that "naked potatoes"; I can assure you they were far from naked after they were covered with kievs and vegetables and a tomato based sauce!)

A good day, even including eating far too much soup and bread.


Home made.

Potato Bread and Left Overs Soup.
And very tasty it was too


No comments:

Post a Comment