Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, February 15, 2021

Lockdown #2

I did leave the house and garden yesterday. We needed milk, which in my life is a necessity.

I tried to get it, and some lunch, from the local cafe which I can walk to inside 5 minutes, but it had closed because of lack of customers.

So I drove to Mount Clear. While I was there I got some fish and chips for Sunday lunch at home in lieu of Sunday lunch in a pub, and a few groceries from the grocery shop.

Apart from that, a quiet, sunny day. I cleaned the bathroom and laundry, made a lasagne, watered both gardens, watched a bit of telly, threw ping pong balls for the cats to chase and pottered about.

I think I wore the cats out!


It was a struggle to get dressed today
not least because Brandy is sleeping
on my clothes, laid out on the bed for me
to put on after my shower

Whiskey has helped himself to both the cat beds

If he can't sleep on my clothes, 
he will sleep by the window in 
the sunshine

The nights are getting noticeably longer. It's still properly dark at 6am now. It's still light in the evenings though. For now

No comments:

Post a Comment