Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Weekend

Wendy came up for the weekend. She arrived on the train on Saturday at around 9:45.

I picked her up and we went out to the Collectibles Market out on the highway and had hot chocolate and chips with gravy for brunch. 

We went out to Smythes Creek to the farmgate shop.

We had barramundi and more chips for dinner.

We watched several snippets of various Jurassic Park films.

The weather was, um - inclement


The weather was better on Sunday.

We went out to Wallace and met Freyja and Simon at the pub for lunch. I oh-so-nearly booked under a false name, just in case they had banned me. If you remember I had made a booking for around 20 people for Saturday lunch the day that Stella died and, of course, we had to cancel. It wasn't me who rang to cancel the booking but it was definitely me who had made it. Fortunately, they didn't seem to make the connection and my booking was accepted. Mind you, it was only for four people. They might have been more suspicious if I had tried another booking for another large party.


Waiting for lunch

I very much enjoyed my pork roast and Wendy enjoyed her vegan Sunday roast, which comes with all the same stuff as the meaty roasts, but with falafel on top instead of meat. Freyja had the lentil cottage pie, which I think she enjoyed while Simon had a vegetable parmigiana which I think he was a little disappointed with. He was expecting actual vegetables under the parma topping and he got a vegetable and mashed potato patty instead.


Falafel over Sunday veg

Roast pork and apple, with Sunday veg

No photos of the vegan options. I completely forgot.

I was very happy, while gazing at the various bottles of gin waiting my turn to order drinks, to discover that they have the Gordon's alcohol free gin. I was driving and had intended to have a lemon, lime and bitters - until I saw the driver-friendly gin. A gin and tonic for me, please.

Hugo was pleased to see me when I called in on my way home. I had a plastic box filled with delicious left overs for him!


My dishwasher is broken ๐Ÿ˜ญ I've only had it since November ๐Ÿ˜ญ It's coming up with an F30 error, which I think is the flood sensors coming into play, making the machine stop ๐Ÿ˜ญ

It's done it three times now, in the past couple of months. On the other occasions I have been able to bail it out, leave it to dry and then  convince it to work again. Not this time. I have emptied it and left it to dry but it still flashes the F30 error code and beeps. Incessantly!

 I rang the Good Guys and someone is going to arrange a time to come out and have a look at it. It's still under warranty so it should be repaired or replaced. But in the meantime, I am reduced to handwashing the dishes. Fortunately, there haven't been many dishes to hand wash. At least, not all together.



The weather is (almost) sunny and (almost) warm today.  (Almost) spring-like, you might think. I think it is toying with us. The forecast is for more winter-like weather by the end of the week. Fortunately,  I have plenty of fuel for the fire.



Whiskey, helping to make the bed

Brandy, keeping my chair warm

No comments:

Post a Comment