Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Quiet Weekend

Lindsey was in Melbourne on Saturday. The weather was fairly horrible. I did not go to the market.

I didn't really go anywhere. I did go to the IGA for a few bits and pieces but otherwise stayed at home, watched the rain and drank tea in front of the fire

I went to the supermarket with Lindsey and Em first thing on Sunday morning, and after that also stayed at home for most of the day. The weather was better and I had garden plans. I have cat-proofed the carrot boxes and the rhubarb bed, which Whiskey seemed to be determined to dig up. The carrots were doing quite well, until Whiskey decided to use their boxes as a sand pit! I was prevented doing a number of things that I had planned because I can't find my trowel. 

I think I probably put it down the last time I used it, intending to return to whatever I was doing, and then never did return. But it's not as though I live on acreage. My front yard is small. The back is slightly bigger but is not by any means a large garden. It's not difficult to look for things. I acknowledge that the garage is in a state of disarray, but I have looked quite carefully. I cannot find my trowel;!

I think that once there were two. And now there are none.

It was Stella's cremation at lunchtime yesterday. I acknowledged this - by going SHOPPING. Not Stella's favourite shopping, which was clothes shopping. I went to the supermarket and did a proper Start of the Pay Month shop. I don't do these very often, preferring to shop little and often. But my fridge, freezer and pantry were all beginning to look a bit empty. Stella enjoyed supermarket shopping nearly as much as she enjoyed clothes shopping. It seemed appropriate.

Otherwise, the weekend was very quiet. I have caught up with Masterchef and finally got around to sweeping and washing the kitchen floor. I have made a start on tidying up the house, which is looking rather sorry for itself after some of Stella's things moved in.

I am working extra hours this week. I'll go in for a few hours today for training on the new computer system that is coming over the weekend. I'm doing my usual Wednesday and Friday, plus a few hours on Sunday for more training on the computer system.

Whiskey has been worshipping at the altar of the god of fire, Brandy has been working from home:




And I have bought a new trowel. I wonder how many trowels will be on the garden tool stand by the end of the week!!


Dawn on Stella's cremation day

No comments:

Post a Comment