Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Cat Boat

I bought the cats a boat on Thursday.  I thought it was a good buy.  $19 for a cat boat at Kmart.

I took it home.  The cats looked aghast. A boat? You expect us to get in a boat?  You must be mad!

The OT liked it when she came to visit on Friday morning. She also liked that we had implemented all the suggestions she had made at previous visits. The cats remained suspicious.

On Friday evening I lit the fire, put the boat in front of the fire and put one of their little mats inside the boat. Brandy decided that he rather liked the idea of a cosy boat, with extra mat, in front of the fire.


Pirate cat ☠



I don't think he's going to be a very successful pirate!

Whiskey remained suspicious.

This morning, Whiskey decided he was going to hop in the boat, while Brandy was in the bedroom helping me make the bed




Brandy came back.  That's mine, he clearly thought. So he jumped up on top of Whiskey and more or less kicked and shoved and wriggled and squiggled until Whiskey gave up and moved out. Clearly, we need another boat. So after Lindsey and I had been to the mushroom farm we went back to Kmart to buy another. The pet bed shelves, which had been almost full on Thursday, were more or less empty!

I did buy another, much less exciting bed (for half the price!) but wondered how on earth they had managed to sell all those pet beds, including about 40 boat beds, in less than two days.  I have a feeling the boat beds might have been put out too early. The website says that they are new stock but there are none available in any store that I ever go anywhere near. 

I had almost decided not to buy another:

Two cats in a boat

But I think I might, if there are any available the next time I am in the Kmart pet section. You really can't have too many cat boats.

The cat boat was absolutely an impulse buy. It was not what I had gone into Kmart for.  I have, for some time, been considering buying a bench top oven. It is not unusual for me to want to use the oven but only to have something small to cook in it.  Obviously, sometimes there are alternative cooking methods that work. But not always. I had, about my person, a $50 gift card which could be used, amongst other stores, in Kmart. Kmart has bench top ovens at the size I wanted for $59. I deployed my gift card and got my oven for the princely sum, to me, of $9.  Plus $19 for the impulse boat.

New little oven.
So far it's heated two chicken parcels
for dinner last night and
baked a pizza for lunch today.
Reckon I've already got my $9 worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment