Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Sunday, September 19, 2021

10 km

For those of you worried about the cat biscuits and the risk of my extremely pampered cats starving, I am pleased to report that the state government has extended the lockdown limits from 5 km to 10 km. This puts the Delacombe shops (easily) and the mushroom farm (if only just) within reach. It also makes the vegetable farm accessible to me, although it is accessible even at 5 km to Lindsey, who lives almost exactly 2km from here. 

Victoria has now reached one of the vaccination targets set by both the state and commonwealth governments.  We have reached a minimum of 70% of the eligible population who have had at least the first covid vaccination. I think it's about 40% fully vaccinated.  We are waiting to hear the state government's plans for the next few months as the state reaches the next vaccination targets. I think that only God knows what the commonwealth government is thinking - it seems to have got itself distracted and over excited by some submarines and the disgruntling of the French and Chinese governments. Great fun, I'm sure, but a bit of focus on the crisis in hand wouldn't go astray

It is a dismal day today. Not a day for picnics in the park or even a bit more sorting out of the garden. It's gusty, grey, drizzly, cold.  I have lit the fire and am considering a cup of tea. However, if I do nothing else today I must do something about the snails. They are eating my sugar pea plants, my teeny tiny carrots and my broccoli. In fact, I  might go out and do that now, while it's not raining and the sun is oh so almost shining!


Brandy frolicking in the long grass,
oblivious to the weather

Sunrise yesterday morning


No comments:

Post a Comment