Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Mostly eating

Lindsey and Stella dropped down and picked us up around midday on Saturday and we went out to the Elaine Farm Shop and then on to the pub in Meredith.

We've only been there once before and that, I think, was in February. Even so the landlord assured us he remembered us. I'm not sure that this is a good thing!

We really should go more often.  The food is absolutely lovely - pub food, not fine dining - plentiful and not all that expensive. The landlord is very cheerful. The pub wasn't particularly busy, although the bar started to fill up as the footy final got closer. I think a lot of people are away. Ballarat seems fairly quiet too, although I haven't been into town.

We went home before the footy started.  I put the second half of the match on the telly so Jim could watch it if he was minded. And he did. He even stayed awake, although it was a spectacularly  one sided affair. I watched the medal presentation which was quite cute.  The winners medals were handed out by children. It was surprisingly difficult to find out who the children were but it turns out they play with AusKick, which is footy for littlies. 5 - 12 I believe.

We had obviously exhausted Stella.  Lindsey reports that she slept through the second half of the final.

On Sunday Lindsey and Stella came down our place for lunch.  I made a seafood platter with home made chips.

And then it was Monday.  Lindsey went to work.  Jim and I went up to Hill House.  An electrician came to see why the lights intermittently don't work at our end of the house.  Rupert and Hugo were rather excited by the arrival of an electrician, especially when he started clambering about on the roof.  Alas for them, I shut them in the orchard garden and they couldn't get to him to play.

And then I brought Stella home. I think she enjoyed her long weekend in Ballarat. I think she was quite glad to get home again. No Great Danes thundering past (although to be fair they are much more gentle with her than they are with us :-) )

It's a beautiful morning. The weather is set to warm up a bit this week. A tiny hint of summer. I think it's supposed to cool down again next week and the nights are still quite cold.  A tricky time of year to dress for.  Shall I wear a long or short sleeved shirt today?  Which ever, I need to make a decision and get moving.  Back to work for me today.

Hugo does love Grandma Stella 💝
Photo by Lindsey

7 comments:

  1. Just noticed your comment on Sue's blog about not having any comments - so thought i would leave you one - you have a lovely blog and I especially like the title as we do a lot of meandering. I can't think why I haven't come across your blog before -I will pop back when not as busy to have a good read. Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone has beaten me to it, but I'm pleased to give you a second comment. I like your title too and will come back and read more later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get 100s of comments today after your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I haven't commented before. I found your blog a while ago, found it really interesting, so I've read it from the beginning!! Loved to follow along on your travels in England, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia. Keep on writing and I'll keep on reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely blog! I'm so happy to have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. Just popping over to say hi as I noticed your comment on Sue's blog. I hope you get loads more people dropping by. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Late to the party, but thank you for commenting. I never look for comments and have only just noticed them :-) I'll keep an eye out in future in case anyone else ever comments :-D

    ReplyDelete