Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, October 08, 2019

By Monday afternoon, Rupert and Hugo had recovered from their exciting day out on Sunday.  Half way through the afternoon, Rupert trotted outside with a Christmas tree cushion. It's been lying around in the lounge room since last Christmas.  Occasionally one of the dogs would use it as a pillow but otherwise they didn't pay it very much attention.

Yesterday afternoon, however, it suddenly became a very great toy.  Each dog had a corner of it and they romped with it, ran with it, played tug of war with it.  They shook it and threw it and jumped on it.  They had a fabulous time.

And then the garden looked like this:




And the Christmas tree cushion looked like this:




They were very slightly despondent when I cleaned up their carefully curated fluff.

But a biscuit cheered them up

You'd never know it had happened:




The clocks went forward on Sunday morning.  I get up at around 5 on Tuesday mornings so I can get off to work at 6:30 or so.  Hugo thought I had gone completely mad when I got up this morning.  So, I think, did Jim.  As far as Hugo was concerned (and Jim's body clock) I had randomly got up at 4.  Both of them will get used to it.  It's a bigger issue when the clocks go back in the autumn.  It's very hard to explain to a dog why he has to wait another hour for his breakfast/dinner :D

I picked up my new glasses this afternoon. I think I might keep the spare pair in the car so I can still drive when the first pair goes missing.  I did pass the Vicroads eye test when my optometrist did it a couple of weeks ago but if I want to have the restriction lifted from my driving licence there are forms to fill in and a certificate to be got from my optometrist.  I'm not sure I can be bothered.  I always wear my glasses when driving anyway. And now I have a spare pair it's not so much of an issue.  I shall ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment