Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Touristy stuff

What to do today?

First - off to Shibuya station so Sandy could see the busy crossing.  Coffee, then off to inspect the local shopping









There is, of course, the obligatory faithful dog, waiting in vain for its missing master at the station







When I very first came to Tokyo, Freyja said that I must, must, must go to Asakusa.  So I did - and she was right.  So we told Sandy that she must, must must go to Asakusa. And off we went, after exploring Shibuya.  We ambled down past the tourist market stalls and made our way to the shrines and temple:











Right.  Shopping.  Tick.  Culture.  Tick.  I would really quite like to go to the Tokyo Skytree.  And look.  I can see it over there.

We walked.  Lindsey and I have been to that bit of the river before, although I don't think the Skytree was open then.




It was a nice walk, but we were glad to sit down for a bite of lunch before heading up the tower.  I am enormously pleased to be able to tell you that there is a super fast lift up.  No need to climb a billion stairs!






I'm not sure why Wally is hiding in the Skytree!

And so, back to home. We didn't get lost, as such, in Shibuya Station.  We went into the big supermarket under the station (which was chaotic!) and then emerged by the Hachiko (the faithful dog) exit to make our way back to the flat.

Shibuya at night:






We had lovely vegetable omelettes for dinner and retired to bed at a reasonable hour.  Todays going to be a long day.

In other news, our step counts are dropping.  On Monday, Lindsey and I had nearly 21,000 steps. On Tuesday we had 19,000 steps. Yesterday I had 15,000 steps.  Today we are going on an all day bus trip.  Might not get many steps at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment