Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, October 03, 2018

More Sunday Feasting

We had a Ballarat Welcome Home lunch party for Freyja and Simon on Sunday, at our place.

We were very lucky with the weather.  It had been raining first thing, possibly even snowing.  It had been snowing at Hill House but we are about 50m lower than they are. The closest our rain got to snow was when it became quite thick rain!  However, by the time the visitors came the sun had come out and people could go out into the courtyard.

It was a good afternoon. Or, at least, I enjoyed it.  Lindsey, Ian and Emily came. Pat came. Julia and her partner Travis came, accompanied by his children and Julia's sister Lucy. There was enough food left so that I didn't feel as though I had under-catered. There wasn't so much that I worried that people didn't like it

I  could have used the barbecue, and I had sausages in readiness. But I also had lemon chicken pieces, roast beef, tiny frankfurters, roast vegetables, salads, garlic bread, and I had made tiny scones to go with the frankfurters.  Apart from the obvious meaty products everything was suitable for vegans, who had vegan appropriate schnitzels to go with their veggie delights. And Pat brought vegan-friendly gyoza. The sausages have gone into the freezer for safe keeping.

I went to work on Monday and Tuesday and have now finished until the end of the month. Lindsey and I are off to Japan very late tomorrow evening, ready to dodge typhoons, earthquakes, tsunamis and any other disasters that might be thrown us.  We are staying with Austin, Kaori and Tatsuki in Gifu for the weekend and then meeting Lindsey's friend Sandy in Tokyo next week for a fortnight of hardcore Tourist Activity before meeting up with AK&T again in Osaka at the end of the trip. Must remember to take my credit card. And a spare suitcase :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment