Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My cheese and bacon bread rolls



 I made them based on Dan Lepard's bread instructions.  He uses a wetter dough than most other commentators, and briefly kneads the dough for 10 seconds every ten minutes three or four times.  I have to admit that I stir mine with a wooden spoon rather than kneading. But it seems to work. The bread is heavier than it would be if I kneaded it for longer - but it is extremely tasty, virtually no effort and relatively quick. I think it would have been a bit better if I had let it rise a bit more though - it wasn't very warm in the kitchen so I set it outside in the sunshine for its first rising. I have a feeling I should have left it for twice the time recommended.

Even so, they made for a very tasty base for a cheese, tomato and cucumber sandwich for lunch today

No comments:

Post a Comment