Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, April 08, 2024

What happened at the weekend?

Nothing much, is the short answer!

It was a fairly quiet weekend. I didn't do very much or go anywhere much. No exciting things happened.

I did clear up the empty vegetable beds out the front, and planted a small number of snow peas, a bigger number of garden peas and some mixed vegetable seeds (I don't remember now what was in the little tub of seedy odds and ends - they may have been better kept until spring, but too late now.)  There's another bed ready for a second sowing of garden peas. Oh, and I've planted one lot of broad beans out the back. I am hoping to have at least two more beds of broad beans, possibly three.

I think I figured out how Whiskey was getting out of the front yard into the driveway and I've blocked the gap off. So far, it seems to be working.

As you can see, I need to cut the edges, tidy up the dead grass and prune back the flowers and shrubs along the fence. I also want to put down some more red mulch. But it's been raining since my sudden burst of garden activity and I have been driven inside.




I had separate burst of indoor activity and deep cleaned the laundry and toilet. There were unnecessary numbers of spiders' webs and spidery detritus, especially in the laundry cupboard. The bathroom is next on the cleaning hit list but I seem to be very reluctant to do it! Instead, I stuck stickers on the tiles around the laundry sink.





I went to the IGA and got milk, pasta spirals, frozen veg and a rotisserie chicken and then made Hugo's pasta meals for this week. He did have to share the chicken with me, but I didn't tell him that and he didn't seem to mind. I have also made a mince and vegetable stew for me and some chicken stock.

Hugo, his teddy and the River Wye from 
the English side

I have been to visit Stella:

Wearing her new linen trousers that Lindsey
gave her for her birthday
and a new jumper that she bought when
we went shopping

The weather has turned autumnal. Drizzly rain, clouds, mist and on the cool side. The local deciduous trees are changing colour. The clocks have gone back to standard time. Winter is coming!


In hibernation mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment